Environment and quality
The Groupe CHÂTEL are committed to an active environmental policy and to an approach to normalised quality which support a real sense of care for their customers’ concerns.
Voluntary commitment : The charter OBJECTIF CO²
The Groupe CHÂTEL have, in practical terms, taken action towards a decrease in releasing carbon dioxide, main greenhouse gas responsible for the changes in the climate. Open to all the businesses of this sector, these measures matches one of the goals for the environment : cutting down the consumptions. Following a precise procedure established by the ’ADEME (French Environment and Energy Management Agency), we set our focus on four major points :
1. The vehicles : Choosing our investments with a concern for the environment when updating our vehicles :
- Speeding up the modernisation of our fleet (norm euroV),
- Using synthetical lubricants in our engines,
- Improvement of our tires.
2. The fuel : Learning how to better manage its consumption
- Using embedded telematics,
- Choosing the "Stop&Start" mode of propulsion.
3. The drivers : Keeping the human at the center of the process
- Training in "eco-driving",
- Energy-saving actions.
4. Organisation of the transports : Rethink the organisation from A to Z
- Optimization of the routes,
- Displaying of the carbon dioxide discharge on the way to our customers.
On top of this new commitment, the Groupe CHÂTEL, have for many years, carried out a selective waste sorting in specific sites, in order to make their processing easier.
Certification OEA/OAS :
LETNA obtained in 2010 the status of "Opérateur Économique Agréé" (OEA/OAS), awarded by the Customs Administrator. This international status, recognized in 141 countries and recommended by the World Customs Organization (WCO), aims at certifying the enterprises of the logistical chain that have proved they were able to secure the traceability of their flow.
What the OEA/OAS certification implies is :
- Time saving on the material and paper checks by the customs,
- The priority in case of a control,
- Less details to leave when reporting,
- Easier access to customs simplifications.